1. Sometimes, you should break the rules.
2. Empathy and open-mindedness go hand-in-hand.
3. We are all very needy.
4. There is much to learn from other people, especially other cultures.
5. Criticism can be self-praise in disguise.
6. Feelings change too much to be reliable.
7. Getting used to something can be the hardest thing about some things.
8. Pain, discomfort, and difficulty don’t always need to be avoided.
9. There is nothing new under the sun.
10. Ignorance is bliss, but what you know can be worth the suffering.